The PL/B programming language (formerly DATABUS) is a high-level, English-like
language that is unrivalled in screen, file and character string manipulation.
It is in use all over the world in many different industries. The language is
continuing to evolve through the work of Sunbelt in conjunction with input from
our many valued customers.
Sunbelt has been writing and selling system software for PL/B programmers since
1980. Our goal is to provide you with the best tools available so you can perform
to your customers' expectations. We work hard to earn your respect. In addition
to the PL/B language on both Windows
and Unix, Linux and Mac, we sell
Free demos are available for nearly all of our products.
- A PL/B Web Server HTML5 solution for iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and other browsers.
- A PL/B Application Server thin client solution,
- A .NET Framework for PL/B,
- A Data Manager,
- A Replication Server,
- File Access routines for C and VB,
- A Windows ODBC Driver.
- PL/B has incorporated file access capabilities that distinguish it from other languages. Indexed Sequential Access Method (ISAM) enables quick data retrieval. Associative Access Method (AAM) enables context sensitive retrieval while allowing dynamic file updates.
- The screen and printer interfaces are very high level and easy to use. Sophisticated screens and reports can be generated with relative ease.
- PL/B is inherently multiuser. No additional code is required for files to be shared amongst many users.
- PL/B source code will compile and run without changes across many platforms. The UNIX and Windows platforms will even execute the same copy of the executable code.
- The ISAM and AAM file access routines are included with the compiler.
- The package includes the screen and print subsystem which supports subwindows, saving and restoring screens and full color.
- No additional products or libraries need to be purchased to generate high performance applications.
- Programmers from many different industries use the language to accomplish simple and complex tasks.
- One government entity has designed and programmed a very sophisticated "mug shot" identification system to be installed in all patrol cars.
- Another customer uses our compiler to teach programming to his Boy Scout troop.
- Windows: Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000, NT or 98.
- Unix, Linux, Apple Mac OS/X, AIX, HP-UX, SUN Solaris, SCO